Sweet potatoes are a great way of sweetening things naturally! They are high in vitamins A, B6 and C and also a great source for copper and dietary fiber.
“If you don’t like creamy filling or look for something different , can give this recipe a try.” – Fong Luan
Improve blood sugar regulation with these amazing purple sweet potatoes. Studies have also shown that they have significant antibacterial and antifungal properties!
“The colour of the tarts is so vibrant! Definitely a head turner for small gatherings or parties.” – Fong Luan
Quite an amazing dish – if you ask us!
Full recipe right below!
Preparation Time: 1 hr 30 mins | Bake Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins
No. of servings: 8
Sweet short crust pastry
- 280g unsalted butter (280克无盐黄油
- 140g icing sugar 140克糖粉
- ½ tsp salt ½茶匙盐盐
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 2茶匙香草提取物
- 2 egg 2个鸡蛋
- 80g ground almond 杏仁80g
- 520g pastry flour or top flour 520克糕点面粉或面粉
Sweet potato filling 甘薯馅
- 800g sweet potato 800g甘薯
- 70g castor sugar 70g蓖麻糖
- 70g brown sugar 70克红糖
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1茶匙香草提取物
- 2 egg yolk 2个蛋黄
- 60g unsalted butter 60g无盐黄油
- 160ml whipping cream (35% fat) 160ml搅拌奶油（35％脂肪）
- Mint leave for decorations 薄荷假期装饰
Baking Directions 烹煮过程
Step 1: Prepare the shortcrust pastry
In the mixing bowl, add in butter, icing sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Attached K-beater, mix well at low speed for 1 mins until it is fully combined.
Add in egg, mix well. Add in ground almonds, mix. Add in flour and fold through completely.
Wrap dough with cling wrap and rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
步骤1：准备短片糕点在混合碗中加入黄油，糖粉，盐和香草提取物。附加的K打浆机，低速混合1分钟，直至完全结合。 加入鸡蛋，拌匀。加入杏仁，拌匀。加入面粉并完全折叠。 用保鲜包装将面团裹在一起，并在冰箱中放置至少30分钟。
Step 2: Steam the sweet potato
Place diced sweet potato into a steamer. Steam for 20 mins until soft.
Step 3: Bake chilled tart
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. （将烤箱预热至180摄氏度。）
- Remove the dough from chiller. Dust a baking mat and rolling pin with flour, roll the dough thinly, about 3-5 mm thickness. Use a knife to slice a estimated shape big enough for the mould. (从冰箱取出面团。用少许的面粉抹在烘烤垫和擀面杖上，将面团轻轻的卷平，厚度约3-4毫米。用刀切一个形状足够盖上馅锡。)
- Place the cut dough on the mould. Gently press the dough to form the shape of the mould. Use a fork to poke holes at the base of the tart cases. Let it rest in the freezer for 5 minutes before baking. （将切好的面团放入馅锡里，使用指尖，轻轻按压并将面团模压成馅锡的形状。用叉子在挞饼底部戳孔。把馅锡放入冰箱约5分钟。）
- Bake the tarts at 180C for 10 – 12 mins, till it’s turn slightly brown. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Once it has cooled down completely, remove them from the mould. （在180℃烘烤15分钟。从烤箱中取出并放置在铁网上冷却。将挞饼取出。）
Step 4: Prepare Sweet Potato
Puree the steamed sweet potato into the food processor. Add in castor sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg yolk and unsalted butter. Blend again. Add in whipping cream gradually and mix until combined.
Step 5: Assemble and bake
Pipe the sweet potato filing into the prepared tart shells.
Bake tart for another 10 – 15 mins until the top turns a little brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
步骤5：组装和烘烤将甘薯卷入准备好的馅饼壳中。 烤挞另外10 – 15分钟，直到顶部变成一点棕色。在电线架上冷静。
Step 6: Ready to serve
Duct with icing sugar, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Fong Luan @ Seng Kang
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!