This simple, comforting, home cooked porridge is also her family’s favourite dish. We tried it ourselves and we love it too!
Garnish with spring onion and ginger and you’re ready to eat to your heart’s content!
Many thanks to Shirley Tay for this wonderful recipe. Wait no more! Full recipe right below!
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
No. of servings: 4
- 1 bottle BRAND’S® Chicken Essence with Cordyceps
- 1.5 cup Rice, rinsed
- 1 canned Limpets, stock reserved
- 1 canned Braised Peanuts
- 1 dozen Medium Prawns, remove shell and vein
- 1 sprig Spring Onions, chopped
- 2 slices Ginger, Julienned
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Samsui Ginger Sauce (optional)
- 3 – 4 cups Water
- Cook using rice cooker: Add the rinsed rice, limpets stock and water into the rice cooker. Click on “Porridge” mode and let it cook.
- Cooking over stove: Add the rinsed rice, limpets stock and water into a pot. Cook over high fire, bring the porridge to a boil. Reduce the fire to medium low, let it simmer for 20 mins. Stir occasionally, to prevent the porridge from getting burnt.
- When the porridge is cooked, add in seafood, braised peanuts and Samsui Ginger Sauce. Cook it again for another 3 – 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Pour in the Essence of Chicken with Cordycep and mix well. Adjust the amount of Chicken essence to your liking. Dish to serving bowls, garnish with spring onion and ginger. Serve it immediately.
Recipe adapted from Shirley Tay @ Woodlands
Looking for more recipes with Brand’s Essence of Chicken? Check out the recipes below!
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to Share Food Singapore!